Frequently Asked Questions
We will have a maximum of 16 children and 2-4 teachers for our in-person classes.
We accommodate 8-10 students in our virtual classes.
For in-person classes, we permit one 2.5-year-old child per three to five-year-old class.
For SPRING TERM 2023 (ARPIL to JUNE)
WOLO Class Dates (Saturdays)
9:30AM- 10:45AM /11:00AM-12:15PM /1pm-2:15pm
- April 1st, 15th, 22nd,22nd, 29th
- May 6th, 13th, 27th
- June 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
(No class on April 8th and May 20th 18th, 2023)
Tuition fees: $319 for 11 sessions
30-minute group online class via Zoom (Sundays)
- April 16th, 23rd, 30th
- May 7th, 14th, 28th
- June 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
(No class on May 21st for Victoria's Day weekend)
Tuition fees: $160 for 10 sessions (with crafts template and worksheets included)
For In Person class
We offer payment options via e-transfer, cash, or credit card. Further payment details will be provided in the acceptance email sent to you upon securing a spot for your child. Paying the tuition in full is required upon accepting the offered spot in the program.
For Online Class
Payment can be made through e-transfer for residents within Canada, and through Paypal for those outside of Canada. Further information about payment will be provided in the email once a spot has been offered to your child. Paying the tuition in full is required upon accepting the offered spot in the program.
For In Person Class
If you need to cancel, please do so at least two weeks before the class starts to receive a refund, minus a $20 cancellation fee. If you cancel after the first class, you may receive a refund, minus a $75 cancellation fee and the cost of attended class(es). However, if you cancel after the second class, no refunds will be given. Please note that missed classes, including snow closures, cannot be refunded or made up. If Fun Cantonese Basic needs to cancel a class due to teacher sickness or a health and safety issue, we will offer a make-up virtual or in-person class, or provide class credit on a case-by-case basis. We do not refund fees due to illness, whether it is a staff or child illness.
For Online Class
Refunds, minus a $40 cancellation fee, may be provided if requested two weeks prior to the start of the class. No refunds will be given one week prior to or after the start of the term, and missed classes will not be made up. In the event that we cancel a class, we will offer a virtual makeup class or a class credit on a case-by-case basis. Fees will not be refunded in cases of child illness.
We are following closely to government restrictions and BCCDC childcare guidelines.
These are things that we do for the class
- teachers are required to wear masks at all times, while children and parents have the option to wear masks
- Forehead temperature checks are conducted upon arrival for both teachers and children
- Parents sign a daily health check list confirming their child does not exhibit cold or flu symptoms, fever, cough, or a runny nose.
- The center also ensures cleanliness by sanitizing all touch surfaces, including door knobs, toilets, and faucets, before and after use.
- Children are asked to change their indoor shoes and wash their hands upon arrival
- Medical grade air purifier is placed in each classroom